Resin panels (commonly called plastic) are available in two general chemical compositions.
In general, acrylic panels are more rigid, but do not have as high a fire rating as PETG (polyethylene).
PETG has a Class A fire rating and is less rigid than acrylic. Both are more costly than glass, but will meet structural loading as long as the thickness is at least 3/8” and as long as they are properly captured at post or rail.
Projects Incorporating Resin Infill Panels
Product Data Sheets
- Hollaender Interna‐Rail® VUE Railing System
- Interna-Rail® with Glass or Resin Infill Panels
- Partition, Isometric View
- Partition, Level Top Mount
- Partition, Level Top Mount w/Curb