The Main + Stone Project is a mixed use (multi-family residential and retail) project in a highly visible part of Greenville, South Carolina. Its location and end use made it a high profile signature project for the newly developing downtown.
The owner and Project Architect Anthony Tiberia of McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture decided from the outset they wanted some specific design criteria for the balcony railings:
· A unique railing in lieu of the standard vertical picket railing that contributes to the overall design aesthetic.
· A railing that provides both privacy for the residents and conceals elements on the balcony floors from public view.
· A durable railing that still looks good 10 years out, without the normal corrosion, maintenance and painting that is required with welded fabricated railings.
To meet this criteria, Hollaender’s Interna-Rail® component aluminum railing system with perforated steel “hemless” infill panels was specified. The infill panels are electro-coated, then powder coated, giving them a dual corrosion resistant coating.
- Greenville, South Carolina
- McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture
- Interna-Rail®, Post and Wall Mounted Handrail
- Wire Mesh, Perforated
- Clear anodized finish railing with e-coated and powdercoated 2x2" steel wire mesh and "no frame" perforated infill panels
Project Architect Anthony Tiberia stated:
“As a signature project for downtown Greenville, we needed a railing system that would meet our aesthetic and performance requirements. Our expectations were met by Hollaender, and we’re pleased with their overall contribution to the project.”
- Interna-Rail® 2-Line with Perforated Infill Panels
- Interna-Rail® 2-Line with Wire Mesh
- Interna-Rail® Sloping Handrail
- Interna-Rail® with Metal Infill Panels BIM
- Interna-Rail® with Perforated Infill Panels
- Interna-Rail® with Square Wire Mesh Infill Panels